This free short course is a great introduction to public relations. Find out more about what PR is and the different types of PR practice. Equip yourself with some of the essential skills and knowledge and understand what it is like to work in this exciting industry.
Taught over six weeks, this course provides a great introduction to public relations. It is taught through a combination of video, quizzes, guided reading and research tasks, so there is lots of variety.
The course is a good way to decide if PR is for you or, if you are already working in PR, as a first step on the path to a professional qualification.
The course is free but if you would like a certificate of completion, once you have completed the modules and done the quizzes, we make a small charge.
Next start date: 08 May 2017 (Enrolment is now open)
Course start dates:
- 07 August (enrolment opens on 31 July 2017)
- 02 October (enrolment opens on 25 September 2017)
- 15 January 2018 (enrolment opens on 08 January 2017)
- 19 March 2018 (enrolment opens on 12 March 2018)
- 14 May 2018 (enrolment opens on 07 May 2018)
The course includes short video lectures, guided reading and access to our online library.
This course is right for you if:
- You are thinking about a career in PR
- You work in PR and are thinking about taking a qualification
- You think that some basic knowledge of PR would help you in your current role
- You have a general interest in learning more about PR
If you have done the MOOC you may like to move on to a formal qualification in PR. The CIPR Foundation Award, Advanced Certificate or Internal Communication Certificate maybe good next steps.