How to connect the TV to WIFI
Connecting the TV to a Wireless Network
To connect your television to your home network with a wireless connection, you need the following equipment:
An Internet connection
A wireless router
If wireless network security is enabled, your network security key
NOTE. Your TV has a built-in wireless adapter so no external wireless adapter is needed.
Wireless Network Precautions
This TV supports the IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n communication protocols. Samsung recommends using IEEE 802.11n. Otherwise when you play video over a network connection, the video may not play smoothly.
To use a wireless network, the TV must be connected to a wireless router or modem. If the wireless router supports DHCP, the TV can use a DHCP or static IP address to connect to the wireless network.
Select a channel that is not currently in use for the wireless router. If the channel set for the wireless router is currently being used by another device, the result is usually interference and/or a communications failure.
Most wireless networks have an optional security system. To enable a wireless network’s security system, you need to create a security key using characters and numbers. This security key is then needed to connect to the wireless network.
Network Security Protocols
The TV only supports the following wireless network security protocols and is unable to connect to non-certified wireless routers:
Authentication Modes. WEP, WPAPSK, WPA2PSK
Encryption Types. WEP, TKIP, or AES
If the wireless router has been set to Pure High-throughput (Greenfield) 802.11n mode and the Encryption Type to WEP or TKIP, Samsung TVs will not support the connection in compliance with the new Wi-Fi certification specifications.
If the wireless router supports WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), it is possible to connect to the network using PBC (Push Button Configuration) or a PIN (Personal Identification Number). WPS automatically configures the SSID and WPA key settings.
Connecting the TV
1. Press the MENU button on your remote.
2. Use the navigational pad to select Network. and then click to enter the sub menu.
3. Use the navigation pad to select Network Settings .
4. Select the wireless network connection method. and the TV will automatically begin to search for wireless networks that are in range.
NOTE. If your SSID is not broadcast you can manually add your networks SSID by selecting Add Network .
5. Select your wireless networks SSID from the list, and then click to connect.
NOTE :If your network is password protected you will need to enter your wireless networks password, when finished select Done and click to continue.
6. The TV will attempt to connect to your network.
If successful OK will be highlighted, click to exit to the network menu.
NOTE. If you have high security on your network or need to setup your network information manually use the navigation pad to select IP Settings, switch to Manual, and make your needed adjustments.
7. You will return to the Network Menu. Press EXIT to leave the menu.
If you have additional questions or require further assistance, please chat with our experienced technical team online. Live Chat
※ Our operation hours are 24hours from Monday to Sunday
Contents Satisfaction Survey
Q1. Is this content helpful?
Q2. How satisfied were you with this content?
Q3. Tell us what you think. What could we have done to answer your question better?
Please Tell us why
- I am dissatisfied with the performance or quality of my product
- I am dissatisfied because my product requires service
- I followed the directions provided, but my problem was not resolved
- The contents was not what I was looking for
- There were broken links and/or pictures on the page