This is the boost valve, which is increased in size to raise line pressure along with a taller spring. CPT also increases the diameter of the stock throttle valve (VT) in the valve body to handle the increased load on the transmission
Installing Your New Transmission
- When your install the torque convert in the transmission, engage the converter in the front pump. Using the palm of your hand put it on the converter pilot and lift slightly to bring it up to center. Push and rotate the converter at the same time. This can be tricky, but it is the method that works best.
- Make sure you remove the TV and dipstick rubber seals and install them in the transmission first, or you could damage the seals.
- The best way to hook up the TV cable is to hold the carburetor wide open, check that the TV cable has also been pulled wide open and lock it down. Carburetor is wide open and the TV cable is pulled wide open. This is a safe point to start from.
- It is not really necessary to put fluid in the converter.
- When adding in the transmission fluid, put 5 quarts in to start. Have 5 more quarts ready to pour in as soon as you start the engine (immediately). Pour in 4 of the 5 quarts then check to see where it shows on the dipstick. Bring the fluid level to to the full mark, then you can start shifting it through all of the gears.
- Transmissions and 10″ Converters will hold approximately 10 QTS.
- Transmissions and 12″ Converters will hold approximately 12 QTS.
- With non lock up, you do not need the O ring on the end of the input shaft. The O ring is for lock up only.
- IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS, YOU COULD DAMAGE YOUR TRANSMISSION AND TORQUE CONVERTER.
**We recommend using Mercon Dexron 3 Transmission Fluid**
T.V. Cable Adjustment
The TV cable on the 700R4 and 200-4R transmissions controls line pressure, shift points, shift feel, part throttle downshifts, and detent (full throttle) downshifts. So if the TV cable is not adjusted properly, it can cause numerous transmission problems. (more )
IMPORTANT: This is the First Step
With engine off, open throttle to WOT, attach and pull TV cable taunt to remove slack.
This is your starting point.
The original Art Carr As seen on TLC s